IT Auditor - Data Analysis IT Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 5+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for an IT Auditor that will be heavily involved in data analysis. This is a full time position that comes with a competitive salary and a full suite of benefits.
Assist the Company in execution of information systems and operational audits, investigations and Data Analytics projects. Must have the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment and complete individually assigned tasks. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analytic tools which will influence both our products and clients. Must have the ability to interact with individuals across all levels of the organization, write well and communicate thoughts clearly. May require some travel to the Company’s other operations across the U.S.
- Develop and use new audit technologies, including continuous audit (data mining), audit process automation, and computer assisted audit techniques.
- Extensive experience with data storytelling using a combination of three key elements: data, visuals, and narrative.
- Ability to approach projects with curiosity and an open mind; ability to recommend cost effective ideas and solutions.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design to extend the Data Analytics capability throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Must have a high attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate technical documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Under guidance of departmental leadership, lead client audit engagements which include planning, executing, directing, and completing SOX, information system and operational audits.
- Leverage IT audit knowledge to act as an IT audit consultant for financial auditors on integrated financial audits.
- Document IT processes, controls, and exposures.
- Work with IT management to identify improvements to existing controls and/or operational practices.
- Possess the ability to interact with personnel across the organization, conduct opening and closing meetings, resolve problems, and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Consult with IT and user personnel on system control methodologies and techniques.
- Perform other job related duties as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Seven plus years’ practical experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python/C#/VB/R.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with SQL on Oracle and Microsoft relational databases.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Tableau, MS Power BI or other analytic tools.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects concurrently.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Five or more years IT Audit experience or equivalent direct IT experience.
- Experience with business applications (Oracle e-Business Suite and/or SAP).
- Experience with directory services (Active Directory and/or Oracle Internet Directory).
- Experience with LINUX like operating systems (especially auditing security administration).
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems (especially auditing security administration).
- Experience with Cloud Computing systems (especially auditing security administration).
- Understanding of IT control frameworks (COBIT, ISO, NIST, ITIL).
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Mathematics (graduate degree preferred).
- Professional Certification preferred (CISA, CISSP, CIA, etc).
Ability to travel 5-15%