IT System Analyst - Security Patch Evaluation IT Birmingham, Alabama Type: Contract Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division currently is seeking a Systems Analyst for one of our clients located in downtown Birmingham. This position is a long term consulting engagement. .
This position will perform the following basic functions:
- Perform Security Patch tracking, documentation, and evaluation of Security Patches.
- Monitor security patch sources for security patch availability notices and document appropriately.
- Conduct security patch evaluations with appropriate personnel within designated timeline.
- Monitor the progress of security patch implementations and capture appropriate evidence; complete mitigation plans when necessary. Collect appropriate evidence for compliance.
Education & Experience Expectations:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Equivalent experience will be considered in place of formal education
- Working to significant knowledge of computer system infrastructure, operations and security.
- Working to significant knowledge of computer operating systems including Windows and UNIX
- Working knowledge of internal controls and processes.
- Knowledge in Information Technology risk assessments, internal controls, controls testing, and internal & external audit requirements.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have a customer focused attitude.
- Ability to bring consensus and buy-in among people with different views and agendas.
- Ability to grasp complex operational issues, risk factors, and business drivers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, a decision-maker, flexible, self-directed, and a team player.
- Must build and maintain effective relationships across many functions, departments, and auditing entities.