Programmer Analyst - SAS SQL Unix Linux IT Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search Programmer Analyst that will focus on the design, development, and deployment of technology solutions. Work deliverables include analysis, technical design, code development, validation, and third party vendor software support, implementation, and maintenance. Some of the major focus of this position will be providing support for SAS systems, including PROC SQL interactions with Oracle and SQL Server.
Analysis and Development:
- Primary application support for SAS’s workflows supporting operations.
- Ability to work in Red Hat Linux
- Ability to work with PROC SQL
- Data analysis, modelling, technical design, code development, validation for data supporting applications and solutions.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements moderately complex monitoring and reporting solutions (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, SAS, Unix).
- Reviews and edits requirements and specifications related to proposed solution using natural language.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as technical documentation, process and data mapping, and program code.
- Design and implement in-house solutions to augment vendor application functionality for Operations business processes.
- Automate activities wherever possible to minimize resource needs.
- Troubleshoot and tuning in order to isolate and identify problems and to optimize system performance.
Additional Technical Requirements
- 2 or more years of active experience Unix/Linux scripting and environment support.
- 2 or more years of related experience in application interface design, modelling, and implementation with SAS programming including PROC SQL interactions with Oracle and SQL Server
- 5 or more years of mature technology industry experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL Server databases including proficiency in the use of PL/SQL and T-SQL and PROC SQL.
- Familiar and experienced with source control best practices and utilization is strongly preferred. (Example technologies include but are not limited to TFS, Git, etc.)
- Experience with WebSphere or comparable middleware environments is strongly preferred.