Python Developer Developer Mountain Brook, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 5+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our customers in a search for a Python Developer. This position will also develop applications in other languages as needed using Java, JQuery, etc... Our customer has several software products on the market today utilized by organizations across North America. This position will work out of our customer’s office in Mountain Brook, Alabama.
The Developer will work in small teams involved in developing new web and mobile based applications along with providing maintenance/enhancements of current applications. This position will interact both with internal team members as well as business users to define requirements, test solutions, and trouble shoot bugs.
- Work with team to define, design, develop, test, and deploy custom web and mobile based applications which interface with desktop software solutions
- Tier 2 support of field operations teams for high level issues, enhancement requests and bug fixes
- Interface with project managers, support personnel, and other developers to determine needs and define requirements
- Plan and budget assigned development projects and deliver products on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other fields related to the scope of this role.
- Minimum of 4 years of work in web based application development
- Minimum of 4 years of work in Python/Django/Java
Additional Skillsets Desired:
- Self-motivated with a desire for continuous learning
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in both a solo and team environment
- Good communications skills (Verbal and Written)
- MS SQL Server (for integrating back to desktop applications)
- Linux Administration
- Apache Administration
- C#, ASP.NET
- Experience working with SQL databases, Linux, and/or MS Access as well as other MS Office Suite products.
- Android and/or iOS application development experience
- This position may require overnight travel for work related purposes. Travel is expected to be less than 25%.