Senior IT Manager/Application Development Other Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 10+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for a Senior IT / Application Development Manager. This position will report to the VP of Application Development and have multiple direct reports that are managing teams of developers, project managers, and analysts. The Manager will have a portfolio of projects they are responsible for overseeing and providing leadership on. These projects impact various areas of the organization, customers, and suppliers to the organization. The position works on cutting edge projects many of which are enterprise level. This is a great position for someone who has had ownership over large projects and thoroughly understands the SDLC. This is not a position that will oversee Infrastructure/Hardware projects, strictly focused on software/applications.
The position will interface with various managers inside the organization including those at the C-level.
Will oversee large scale application development projects which involve teams of designers, developers, project managers, and analysts, that are developing custom Rich Internet Applications, many of which are enterprise wide. This can include sales systems, financial systems, ,e-commerce, mobile applications, and other systems. The position is a leadership role that will assist in helping drive projects to a successful completion.
- 8+ years of IT experience including experience leading teams and other managers/leads
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to manage various types of application development related projects from design to production and understand how to make all the parts function to meet the business needs
- Senior level responsibility on critical projects
- Ability to communicate with technical resources and business users
- Experience presenting in front of C level executives and management