Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for a Software Application Administrator. This is a full time position that comes with a competitive salary and full suite of benefits. The position will work onsite at the company’s facility in downtown Birmingham. The Administrator maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. This position interacts with various systems, software applications, and databases. The main responsibility of this position is to troubleshooting and provide performance analysis specific to the installation of enterprise applications in a client server architecture and/or a cloud architecture.
- Administers, installs and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems.
- Technical design, planning, implementation and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for the mission critical enterprise systems.
- This role will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems.
- Recommend the design and configuration of operating systems and system applications.
- Responsible for patching and monitoring systems
- Responsible for system architecture
- Handles downtime procedures, such as server patching
- Liaison with vendor regarding architecture, administrative decisions, implementation support and Tier 3 support
- Facilitates and manages the change control process
- Creates and monitors tickets and works tickets to closure
- Documents infrastructure, system, system objects and processes
- Troubleshoots issues
- Handles on-call as assigned
- Builds relationships with end users and peers
- Develops standards, guidelines and/or processes for database systems
- Stays current with industry standards and regulations
- Researches new tools
- Answers technical and procedural questions for Analysts
- Handles requirements gathering
Responsibilities include maintaining a thorough understanding of the architecture and environment of the installations, and the implications of change on the performance and functionality of the applications. Responsibilities also include coordination of change management, software and firmware installations and upgrades, development migration and deployment, internal and third-party software integration, and downtime planning and support. Fulfilling the Administrator responsibilities will include monitoring and troubleshooting the delivery and performance of the applications in development, test, training, and production environments.
*** This position is not focused on the network administration, security, routers, switches, Citrix, server side. This position is focused on the Application/Systems.
The Administrator is going to be involved in troubleshooting and monitoring the systems, and when there are problems/outages, this person will work to identify the cause of the problems. If they are application related problems then this person will be in charge of those. If the downtime is caused by other issues, such as the offsite data center, or if it is a hardware, server, Citrix, SharePoint, or other issue outside of the core system, then this resource will contact the appropriate team member to get involved in those areas to get the system back up and running. This person does stay in contact with them and is ultimately responsible for the follow up to those other teams and makes sure everyone is aware of the status of the system until it is back up and running.