Software Engineer - User Interface - Controls Systems - IoT Developer Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for a Software Engineer. Our client has been in business over 30 years providing industrial automation and control systems to companies across the U.S. The Software Engineer will work on various projects related to automation and control systems. This will also include research and implementation of Internet of Things - IoT at customer locations which will enable devices, embedded electronics, software, and sensors to collect and exchange data. Initial projects will revolve around re-writing the UI of various controls systems that are currently in a HMI / PLC structured text environment. The new systems will be open source. This position can work out of client's offices in Chattanooga, TN, Charlotte, NC, Lakeland, FL, or Birmingham, AL.
- Experience with single board computers such as Raspberry Pi, NanoPi, Tinker Board, Rock64, Banana Pi, Espressobin, LattePanda, NanoPC, Intel Edison, or others - Candidates without this experience need to have the initiative to get involved in these products
- Visualization / UI development experience, graphics experience in an open source environment
- Preferred exposure or hands on experience with PLC programming / Ladder Logic a major plus, to be able to understand the code
- Process Control
- Programming experience and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
- Experience working with Hardware
- Previous experience working for or servicing manufacturing companies related to automation or process controls systems.