Software Product/Application Support Analyst IT Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in downtown Birmingham in a search for an Application Analyst. This person will become the subject matter expert over various assigned 3rd party software applications. In this role this person will work with the users of those applications to provide system support, troubleshooting guidance, and triage of any issues related to those applications. This resource will notify the proper support group to solve those issues. The position will interact with the internal application users, internal network support employees, and the 3rd party software vendors. The person in this role will access those applications as a user to assist users with issues, and write SQL queries as needed to help identify data and issues that need resolved as well.
This is NOT a network engineering, network support, or Helpdesk(supporting Microsoft office, windows, active directory, etc..) role. This role is focused on 3rd party software applications and making sure the users of those systems has a “go to” person that understands those applications, can triage any issues or changes the users want in those systems, and get the appropriate groups involved in helping solve those issues or changes requested.
This position is ideal for someone who has had to support or oversee enterprise level software applications that were custom or were 3rd party software products. This position is slotted for a mid-level to a senior level resource. The position is a full time position that comes with a competitive salary and a full suite of benefits.
- Previous experience supporting 3rd party software applications / products
- Ability to communicate professionally with users
- Troubleshooting experience with enterprise software applications or 3rd party software products.
- Ability to get up to speed on new applications and understand their functionality and reliance on other systems for troubleshooting purposes
- Ability to triage issues related to software products, applications, databases, and delegate to those issues to the appropriate team to solve(3rd party vendor, internal network team, database team, data center team, etc…)
- SQL skills highly preferred or ability to learn SQL will be needed to access some of the systems to support them properly