Sr. Software Application Systems Analyst IT Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 7+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for a Senior Software Systems Analyst. The Senior Software Systems Analyst will provide consultation as a solutions provider to business leaders, end users, Customers and technical resources. The individual will play key roles across many disciplines of the Software Development Life cycle including project management, requirements gathering, business process design, system functional design, system technical design, quality assurance, support, and implementation. The system solutions require the analyst to provide expertise is a variety of technologies including enterprise software products, web applications, desktop applications, database systems, and business intelligence tools.
- Works as the IT Project Manager.
- Lead Requirements Gathering sessions to formulate and define objectives using various research and fact-finding techniques, such as prototyping, questionnaires, surveys, interviews, sampling, observation, working sessions, and walkthroughs.
- Apply business and technology expertise to improve business processes and support critical system strategies.
- Works closely with the Director of IT to assist in management and planning of the IT Project Portfolio.
- Works closely with IT managers across the various IT technology teams to plan and utilize resources effectively.
- Works with software developers to help them understand requirements and to ensure the completeness and accuracy of related documents and specifications.
- Works within IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance to regulatory controls including but not limited to SOX.
- Aids in the IT general controls processes related to auditing, monitoring, approvals and validation.
System Design & Development (Technical)
- Designs Information Technology systems across a variety of technologies that align with business needs.
- Prepares functional, system and technical program specifications and requirements using a structured approach.
- Develops and maintains system and business process documentation.
- Translates end-user requirements into workflow and procedural changes and specifications for system modifications as appropriate.
- Ensures that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, traceable, unambiguous and verifiable and that they conform to defined standards.
- Lead Quality Assurance cycles to ensure applications satisfy end user requirements using a standard process methodology.
- Actively participates in reviews of specifications, requirements, etc. to develop, document and implement repeatable test plans.
- Leads in testing and participates in debugging of application systems.
- Proactively diagnoses problems through research, analysis, and understanding of requirements.
- Diagnoses and manages complex software defects and system anomalies to a successful resolution.
- Works with the IT Management to resolve complex problems and provides detailed diagnostic information.
- Consults with end-users concerning corrective actions as needed in a calm and professional manner.
- Prepares end-user documentation, procedures, and training materials.
- Provides end-user training for new or changed system functionality either in person or through web based training.
- Absorbs the project documentation to gain an in-depth understanding of the requirements and how Quality Assurance will be used for each individual project.
- Coordinates new customer implementations, Training, and support.
- At least 7-10 years of software design and/or development experience
- At least 5-7 years of requirements gathering experience
- At least 2-5 years of project management experience
- Ability to gather and analyze business requirements and design solutions.
- Experience with Technical and Functional System Designs.
- Must know SQL and be proficient in writing queries for purpose of analysis, testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience with Project Management and resource planning.
- Experience and understanding of programming practices, languages, architectures and technical aspects of IT systems.
- Experience working with large data sets along with developing and presenting analysis.
- Experience with QA, QA tools, test planning, building test cases, and test plan execution.
- Experience with training and implementation of software applications.
- Experience working with business clients to develop business and functional requirements.
- Experience developing technical documentation.
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Management Systems, SQL, and Business intelligence tool/Reporting tools.
- Proficient in tools used to develop wire frames and other prototyping or modeling software.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in listening and questioning.
- Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and complete work in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.