System Administrator Desktop Support Birmingham, Alabama Type: Contract To Hire Experience Required: 5+ years
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for a System Administrator. This is a consulting/contract position that could turn into a full time position with our customer later on in the engagement. This position will also play a major role in the company’s corporate office move to a new location in the Birmingham area.
- The System Administrator will be part of an integrated IT/Analytic team supporting IT infrastructure, internet/intranet and business needs.
- Installs, configures and maintains organization's network including servers (file/database), workstations, phones, faxes, email and printers.
- Performs system backups on internal and external network servers.
- Support, design and maintain servers, LAN hardware, LAN users, and software.
- Maintains security of all systems including update and develop proper documentation of system processes.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Works under minimal supervision and is also responsible for performing tasks directly related to the support of Web servers, Web-related operating systems, Web-related software applications, Web interfaces to network-based applications, Web application development, and end-user training and problem resolution.
- Technical planning, implementation, and administration of the LAN.
- In-depth understanding of modern system and networking environments (including
- virtualization and hosting solutions).
- Support all network users (including virtual).
- Update and repair systems as needed.
- Install, support, and maintain PC/LAN based application software.
- Responsible for completing related contract deliverables and department goals on time.
- Maintain the security of all systems including required documentation.
- Maintain SSP (Systems Security Plan).
- Mail Server Administration and Maintenance.
- Daily Support, System Backup and Disaster Recovery (BCCP – Business Continuity and
- Contingency Plan).
- Support all LAN based PC/Printer/Server hardware.
- Serve as internet/intranet web administrator and programmer, including connectivity, design, security and support.
- Define and implement user policies and procedures.
- Excellent Help Desk/Customer Service providing technical support to end users internally/externally.
- Control Person for Audit Areas: Audit and Accountability (AU), Configuration
- Management (CM), Identification and Authentication (IA) and System and Communications
- Protection (SC).
- Review Person for Audit Areas: Awareness and Training (AT), Maintenance (MA),
- Maintains strict adherence to confidentiality and security policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Information Technology,
- Computer Science, Computer Programming, Server Administration, or related degree.
- At least six years experience with network protocols, infrastructure, design, and operating
- Experience with server backups/disaster recovery (Symantec Backup Exec / VERITAS),
- dialup servers, network switches, network hubs, remote access servers, virus protection
- software, file security, pc software, VPN access, log auditing, pc/printer/server hardware.
- Experience with FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act) desired.
- 5+ years experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word, and
- MCSE Certification preferred.
- Experience in Health Care environment preferred.
- 5+ years experience with the following operating systems/servers: Windows Server 2000-
- 2012, Windows SQL Server, Redhat Linux ES V4 / 9, Apache, IIS, BEA Weblogic, VMWare
- ESXi and Windows ISA Server 2004.
- Experience with Office 365.
- AS400 Experience is a plus but not required.