Business Systems Analyst Business Analyst Birmingham, Alabama Type: Direct Hire Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software's IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients located near Trussvilel, AL in finding a Business Systems Analyst that will join their team as a full time employee. This position plays a key role in developing requirements and functional specifications for various enterprise level software and database projects. The Analyst will also be involved in helping developers document business logic in a way that allows the business and others to understand the functionality of the code. The Analyst will also get involved in defining and elaborating interface specifications, decomposing interface requirements into lower levels of granularity and developing the specification documentation including data mappings, business rules, interface protocols and transfer logic.
- Engage line of business to document business process and software requirements that will be utilized in Agile / Iterative projects
- Confirm software deliverables meet the needs of the line of business and satisfy the documented software requirements
- Translate User Stories that the development teams would develop against
- Create user perspective documentation (user guide)
- Supports the line of business by defining technical products and / or functional processes to solve business problems
- Prepare and deliver project/system presentations
- Often act as the Product Owner within a Scrum / Agile team
- Responsible for backlog grooming and prioritization
- Analyze business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems.
- Represent the business unit to define requirements and business cases for the technology developments.
- Coordinate with business and technology teams ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of users acceptance and may coordinate testing.
- Previous experience in a Business or Technical Analyst role
- Ability to document business logic that will be communicated by Programmer Analysts involved in various applications
- Requirements Gathering with various stakeholders, users, and technical resources
- Experience in developing screen mock ups, wireframes
- Writing SQL Queries
- Projects involving software re-writes