Technical Writer Technical Writer Birmingham, Alabama Type: Contract Experience Required: 3+ years
Doozer Software is currently assisting a client in a search for Technical Writer. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a great engineering/IT environment for one of the best employers in Alabama. This position is a long term open ended contract that will work for Doozer Software and onsite at our customer site in downtown Birmingham, AL.
- Produce clear, concise, and complete documentation for computer system projects
- Provide the customer with a user manual, documentation of policies, procedures, and work flow processes for compliance requirements and for presentation to auditors
- To provide installation guides, users' manuals, on-line help, operating instructions, and reference manuals on software applications
- To function as scribe during requirements and development meetings and acquire sign-off concurrence from attendees on documentation
- Undergraduate degree in applicable engineering or science field or equivalent with a minimum of 5-8 years related experience
- Knowledge of a specialized field such engineering or computer science; technical knowledge and/or skills necessary to perform as a technical writer
- Ability to interview technical staff about an application or process and translate that information into orderly, simplified documentation.
- PC software literate, including Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and Visio
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Ability to effectively organize, manage, and present information
- Desire a highly motivated, self-directed individual able to manage multiple projects simultaneously