If you're in the market or considering getting into the market for a new information technology or software development related job, here are answers to a few frequently asked questions that you might want to consider.
Why would I want to submit my resume to Doozer Software?
There are a number of recruiting firms you could use in your job search. Here are some important facts to consider regarding why candidates choose to work with us.
- Doozer Software specializes in all aspects of software development and related information technology.
- Doozer Software provides both staffing (contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement) and outsourced software development for its clients.
- We hire software related professionals for our internal, staff positions, AND we help our clients find contractors and permanent employees, as well.
- Our experience and focus in this specialized area gives us tremendous insight into the information technology job market, including the companies that are hiring, the work those companies need to get done and the kind of resources they need.
- Our relationships as a sourcing partner with large information technology clients gives us inside information regarding the client's culture, hiring process and work environment. This insight can help candidates in multiple ways.
- We have decades old relationships that lead to exclusive job opportunities that are not available elsewhere.
- Clients trust our screening process because screening with our internal staff software professionals helps us better identify candidates that will be successful in engagements with our clients versus strictly staffing-only firms.
Should I go it alone or work with a professional recruiting firm?
Here are a few things to consider before going it alone.
- Many companies, particularly in technology, prefer to rely on professional recruiters that focus and specialize in the technology industry. In some cases working with a recruiting firm is the only practical way to a client's attention because they simply don't use their internal human resources team for screening information technology candidates.
- Professional recruiting firms have insight, relationships and job opportunities that are not publicized.
- The Doozer recruiting team is dedicated to you and will offer you professional advice and assistance in every step of the hiring process.
- Working with a recruiting firm can help to ensure confidentiality during your job search.
- With most recruiting firms, including Doozer Software, there's no cost to the candidate. Working with a firm gives you insight and feedback for free!
- Hiring managers trust our prescreening and prequalification of candidates. Candidates presented by professional recruiting firms raise their candidate's chance of being selected for the position!
What does working with a recruiting firm involve?
- Your resume will be reviewed, stored in our candidate database, indexed and, as appropriate, selected for consideration for open job searches.
- Your background and experience is what it is. However, sometimes candidates don't realize that they are doing themselves a disservice by not putting the correct emphasis and formatting forward with their resume. When the time is right, you will receive feedback regarding the format of your resume and ways to highlight your skills and experience to improve your chances of getting an interview.
- You will go through phone and, when practical, in-person or video conference screening with Doozer Software professionals.
- Prior to presenting you to a client, we will provide you with information about the opportunity and ask your permission to submit you to the client. ONLY with YOUR PERMISSION will we present you for any opportunity.
- Our team will walk you through all steps of the hiring process, providing valuable insight about the process, including details regarding prescreening or assessments to be conducted.
- Our team will coordinate any client interviews and help you prepare for your meeting with the client.
- Our team will walk you through the job offer process and help you make an informed decision about your career.
- We will help you as you transition from your current position, ensuring that you do so with a professional closure that protects your long term interests.
What's in it for me, the candidate?
- In short, free help. That's the bottom line. Working with a recruiting firm allows you to increase your chances of finding a new job at no cost to you, other than the time you invest building the relationship with the recruiting firm you choose.
- Additionally, you get advice from people that know the market. Professional recruiters know the job market and can help you set your expectations. We're a match-maker. We know that only a good match will yield a winning engagement for all parties, which is why we work hard to truly match the best candidates with client needs. That involves more than just the experience written on the resume, it includes work-style and intangible factors that might lead a client toward a candidate that they would otherwise overlook, just based on the black-and-white of their resume.
- Our team will provide you with the history, culture and work environment of our client companies.
- In some cases, you will have access to non-publicized positions, where we have exclusive relationships with companies, clients and managers.
Do you have access to non-published positions?
- Not always, but yes we do, at times.
- Further, we work with a wide variety of clients and understand their needs. Many of our clients have tasked us with scouting for talent on an ongoing basis for certain skillsets. When we find a resource that, for very unique reasons, matches the type of person we know that a certain client tends to hire, we will proactively market that candidate, even when no posted opening exists. When we're right about the match, it often leads to opportunities that were never posted.
I'm worried that my current employer will find out about my job search.
Will my job
search be confidential?
- Our team works directly with the hiring managers and human resource departments so you will be presented confidentially on a one-on-one basis.
- Ensuring your privacy and confidentiality during your job search is paramount. It is best to work discreetly with a recruiter versus the visibility of posting your activity publicly on social media and job boards that can be viewed by your current employer or human resource department.
- By knowing the managers, we have our finger on the pulse of the specific skill they seek and the intangibles that the hiring manager desires in a candidate.
Why should I work with Doozer Software?
- If you are an information technology related professional, you want to associate yourself with trustworthy, reputable people. That's us. We assure you that you will be in good company when being associated with our company and the people that make it great.
- More than other firms, we will understand you. We are software development people, all the way to the top of our organization. You will be working with people who understand what you do and probably a lot more, including your motivations and aspirations.
- Due to our industry focus, we truly know the industry and its players. That's what we do.
- We hire for internal and external positions. No other firm has access to our internal positions.
- Doozer Software supports its contractors in the field - you have access to a very skilled team that can provide you help, when needed, on your assignment.
Why don't I just work with a number of recruiting firms at the same time?
There are pros and cons to this, but here are some things to consider.
- Recruiting firms are like any other business - they have limited time and tend to focus efforts where they expect to get the best results. You dilute the value of your relationship by working with multiple firms in the same market.
- Recruiting is an expensive business for the companies that offer it. When complexities arise with a candidate, it adds to those cost and lowers the probability of success.
Will you send my resume to employers I don't want to consider without my permission?
- Simply, no!
- Our technology recruiters will take the time to learn the details concerning your background and interests in order to best match you with job opportunities.
- When we feel we have a good match for tangible and intangible reasons, we contact you and provide you with detailed information about the opportunity and ask your permission to submit you to the client. ONLY with YOUR PERMISSION will we present you for any opportunity.
Are you hiring for internal Doozer jobs or jobs with your clients?
- Yes, both. We are always scouting for talent for both Doozer Software and our client's needs.
- At times we have needs to expand our internal team, and at those times, we typically post a related job opening on our job board.
- We always have openings for which we are recruiting for external clients.
- Becoming an internal Doozer is very difficult, partly because we hire for a breadth of technologies, and we favor very smart people with broad skillsets and an ability to adapt to new technologies very fast. Not everyone is suited for the type of work we do. However, one of our core missions is always to be on the lookout for the next Doozer - a multi-talented technologist that we believe either is or will be smarter and better than us, who likes the fast pace, change and challenge of being a consultant. Admittedly, it's not for everyone.