Project Manager - #1114 Job Category: Project Manager
Location: Biloxi, Mississippi
Doozer Software has been providing custom software development solutions, database/BI consulting, and IT staffing services for the past 23 years to companies across the Southeast. One of our customers located at the Gulf Coast is seeking to hire a Project Manager to join their team. This position reports to the Sr. Project Manager. The position has a salary range of 75-85k and comes with a full suite of benefits.
- Manages the initiating, planning, executing and closing phases of multiple projects simultaneously. May also manage Agile projects in a Scrum Master capacity.
- Supervises the day-to-day aspects of assigned projects with regards to scope, schedule, quality, budget and resources.
- Ensures projects complete within the project scope, budget and schedule expectations.
- Works closely with Business Process Analysts and end users to develop a detailed understanding of user needs, and defines requirements for new or improved programs, processes or systems.
- Works on complex business problems, analyzing and evaluating current business methods and procedures for improvements.
- Consults with technical or functional experts at all levels to ensure thorough requirements are captured.
- Works with various business unit leaders to develop high level and detailed business requirements, workflows and other deliverables to document business needs.
- Supports User Acceptance Testing with end users by helping document test cases, leading end users through testing and triaging any issues resulting from User Acceptance Testing.
- Assists in testing the solution.
- Supports the Training team by helping collect project information and details from the project team to support end-user training, including (but not limited to): processes, procedures, workflows and/or screen shots that the Training business unit will turn into training materials. May also help deliver training to end users.
- Executes required project management documentation on all projects, including (but not limited to): project charter, scope, schedule, requirements, test matrix, status reports and phase reviews. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Obtains appropriate level of approval for all project documentation assigned to ensure understanding of expectations among all project stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates project status and relevant project information to the project team, Director of Project Management and Executive Sponsors.
- Identifies resources needed and gains acceptance to build project teams.
- Coordinates the efforts of the functional business units and with external vendors as required to ensure projects are completed per expectations.
- Determines technical project requirements through planning with IT team members and external vendors if applicable.
- Ensures project teams are progressing toward project milestones and deliverables are being met according to the project plan and within the established timeline.
- Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays, risks or issues and initiates contingency plans.
- Minimum of three years of similar or related experience leading and directing project teams to deliver projects within the constraints of the project specifications required.
- Familiarity with at least one project management tool (MS Project, Sciforma, PPM Pro, JIRA, Basecamp, Workfront, etc.) preferred.
- Collaborates with the Senior Project Managers to ensure the project management methodology is followed.
- Must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to view both detail and big picture
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to business problems and work well within a team environment.
- Excellent collaboration, influence, and communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to perform all functions independently with minimal supervision in a reasonable amount of time.
- Effectively work with external third parties to ensure accurate and timely project completion.
- Defines and communicates project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to Sr. Management, department heads, and end-users as needed.