Application Manager/Project Manger - #1074 Job Category: Business Analyst
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our clients in a search for an Application Development Lead/Project Manager. This position will oversee projects that fall within the company's financial and accounting systems. The position will have a portfolio of projects they are responsible for overseeing and providing leadership on. These projects impact various areas of the organization, customers, and suppliers to the organization. These applications are all in a mainframe environment at this time, but some will be moved to newer technologies in the future. This is a great position for someone who has had ownership over large projects and thoroughly understands the SDLC. This is not a position that will oversee Infrastructure/Hardware projects, but will be strictly focused on software/applications in the financial and accounting areas of the company. The majority of the applications are custom written.
The position will interface with various managers inside the organization including those at the C-level.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience
- Experience working with financial / accounting systems
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to manage various types of application development related projects from design to production and understand how to make all the parts function to meet the business needs
- Senior level responsibility on critical projects
- Ability to communicate with technical resources and business users
- Experience presenting in front of C level executives and management
- Experience with mainframe / legacy systems