Senior Project Manager - #1113 Job Category: Project Manager
Location: Biloxi, Mississippi
Doozer Software has been providing custom software development solutions, database/BI consulting, and IT staffing services for the past 23 years to companies across the Southeast. One of our customers located at the Gulf Coast is seeking to hire a Sr. Project Manager. This Manager will split their time running projects while also overseeing a team of 4 Project Managers. This position reports to the PMO Manager. The position has a salary range of 90-95k and comes with a full suite of benefits.
- Leads, mentors and is responsible for all activities related to managing members of the PMO team, including regular coaching, performance evaluations, hiring, disciplining, terminating, transferring and promoting team members.
- Assists the Director of Project Management with reporting and other work efforts related to managing the PMO team and strategic assignments.
- Manages the initiating, planning, executing and closing phases of multiple projects simultaneously. May also manage Agile projects in a Scrum Master capacity.
- Supervises the day-to-day aspects of assigned projects with regards to scope, schedule, quality, budget and resources.
- Ensures projects complete within the project scope, budget and schedule expectations.
- Works closely with Business Process Analysts and end users to develop a detailed understanding of user needs, and defines requirements for new or improved programs, processes or systems.
- Manages complex integration, implementation, merger, compliance or other strategic projects. May use these projects to mentor a developing Project Manager.
- Executes required project management documentation on all projects, including (but not limited to): project charter, scope, schedule, requirements, test matrix, status reports and phase reviews. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Obtains appropriate level of approval for all project documentation assigned to ensure understanding of expectations among all project stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates project status and relevant project information to the project team, Director of Project Management and Executive Sponsors.
- Identifies resources needed and gains acceptance to build project teams.
- Coordinates the efforts of the functional business units and with external vendors as required to ensure projects are completed per expectations.
- Determines technical project requirements through planning with IT team members and external vendors if applicable.
- Ensures project teams are progressing toward project milestones and deliverables are being met according to the project plan and within the established timeline.
- Minimum of five years of similar or related experience leading and directing project teams to deliver projects within the constraints of the project specifications required.
- Prior experience directly managing resources required, including but not limited to interviewing, selecting, and hiring team members; scheduling, assigning, training and directing work; participating in annual performance evaluations; performing regular one-on-one coaching, rewarding and disciplining team members; recommending team members for transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Collaborates with the Director of Project Management in mentoring and coaching PMO team members.
- Must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to view both detail and big picture.
- Must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to drive change internally within an organization.
- Familiarity with at least one project management tool (MS Project, Sciforma, PPM Pro, JIRA, Basecamp, Workfront, etc.) required.
- Prior experience developing and tracking project and performance metrics and departmental budgets preferred.
- Must be highly organized and capable of handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to business problems and work well within a team environment.
- Excellent collaboration, influence, and communication skills required.