Sr. Software QA Engineer - #1070 Job Category: Not specified.
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Doozer Software’s IT staffing division is currently assisting one of our customers in a search for a Sr Software Quality Assurance Engineer. This position is responsible for the overall quality of software throughout the organization’s business. The position will not be leading a team but will involve leading the QA process. The QA Engineer will define policies and procedures governing the testing of software systems including: writing and maintaining test cases, executing and automating testing, and documenting test results. The Sr Software QA Engineer works closely with business process owners and users to ensure software systems are tested and validated where appropriate. The individual will also perform duties across many areas of the Software Development Lifecycle from requirements gathering to software testing with a focus on ensuring quality practices throughout. The engineer must be familiar with a variety of technologies including enterprise software products, web applications, desktop applications, mobile applications, database systems, and business intelligence tools.
** This is a great position for someone that has worked in a software QA role for a smaller organization or a software product / development firm. Having a good understanding of the SDLC is a plus. If you worked at a very large organization then having experience with multiple areas of that organization related to software QA is needed, versus just being exposed to just a silo of the organization.
- Develop software quality standards within the software development lifecycle
- Ensures implementation of new policies and processes
- Direct ongoing adherence to set policies and processes
- Provides QA metrics to accurately reflect project status
- Develops and recommends best practices on performing QA within the software development process.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of testing processes to enhance software quality assurance.
- Review and develop project documentation and translate requirements into test strategies, test plans and test cases.
- Develops test plans, test scripts, test system, test automation, traceability matrix tools to perform QA on various applications.
- Develops software validation plans for software within scope of regulatory requirements.
- Performs risk assessments on software systems.
- Develops and implements automated testing solutions when appropriate.
- Work closely with the IT Director, IT Managers, Project Managers, and Business Process Owners to improve the software quality.
- Aids in the IT general controls processes related to auditing, monitoring, approvals and validation.
- Execute and oversee the execution of test plans to perform various types of testing including: unit, functional, performance, and integration.
- Document test results and issues using a issue tracking system.
- Works with other Systems Analyst and Business users to facilitate User Acceptance Testing and Business Process Owner approval of systems and system changes.
- Complete Software Validation documentation to support regulatory requirements.
- Using testing documentation tools to document test results and steps to reproduce.
- Works with software developers to support defect resolution.
- Lead Quality Assurance cycles to ensure applications satisfy end user requirements using a standard process methodology.
- Actively participates in reviews of requirements and specifications, to develop, document and implement repeatable test plans.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 10 or more years of relevant IT industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of relational database concepts and capability of writing SQL for purpose of analysis, testing, and troubleshooting
- Strong experience in software testing and/or system development lifecycles
- Strong experience with software business requirements and system design documentation methods
- Extensive experience with a multi-person team approach to projects
- Extensive experience in different SDLCs including Agile and Waterfall.
- Ability to understand technical business requirements and design solutions.
- Experience with Technical and Functional System Designs.
- Strong experience with QA, QA tools, test planning, building test cases, and test plan execution.